What to Expect After Your CoolSculpting™ Procedure
Immediately after your CoolSculpting™ Procedure:
- There is no recovery time after the procedure. You may resume your normal activities on the same day as your procedure, including work and exercise.
- The treated tissue may look or feel stiff immediately after the procedure. This is normal and disappears within 10 minutes.
- The treated area will be red for approximately 20 minutes after the applicator is removed.
- The vacuum pressure can cause bruising and tenderness to the touch. If it occurs, it typically resolves within a few weeks.
- You may feel a temporary dulling of sensation in the treated area. This is normal and will resolve in a few hours to as long as eight weeks after your procedure.
Days and weeks after your CoolSculpting™ Procedure:
- Mild redness in the treated area lasting for a few minutes to a few hours is an expected but temporary effect of the CoolSculpting™ procedure. Some patients may experience more severe or persistent redness that gradually improves after a few days. Call Dr. Jaliman if you have pain, swelling or redness that worsens over time or that lasts more than two weeks.
- It is not uncommon for the treated area to bruise, which may last for a few weeks after your procedure. Contact Dr. Jaliman if the bruising lasts longer than one month or if the bruise appears to be worsening after two weeks.
- Within the first two weeks following your procedure you may experience one or more of the following sensations – tingling, tenderness, cramping and/or soreness. Consult Dr. Jaliman if these conditions persist beyond two weeks or worsen over time.
- You may feel a temporary dulling of sensation or numbness in the treated area for up to eight weeks after your procedure.
- In the weeks following your procedure, a gradual reduction in the thickness of the fat layer will be taking place. CoolSculpting™ provides a noticeable, measurable fat reduction in two to four months.
- Schedule a follow-up visit with Dr. Jaliman to review your clinical results.
- Preventing weight gain after your procedure by maintaining a healthy diet and exercising regularly may allow you to more easily evaluate your results.
- At your follow-up visit, Dr. Jaliman will assess your improvement and discuss the option of additional CoolSculpting™ procedures to achieve more fat reduction.